October 4, 2016
Good morning everyone!
This Friday is our “Driven To Give” fundraiser with LB Smith Lincoln!! I have attached a flyer….PLEASE email it to everyone you know asking them to stop by and take a test drive or two for the band. It is one test drive per address, however, work addresses are acceptable as well. Anyone that is 18 years old and has a valid driver’s license can participate. Bring your family! Bring your neighbors! Bring your co-workers!
All students should have come home with the band fruit fundraiser information. Mr. Palmquist has extra packets and order forms if needed. For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Saturday is our tournament at Cumberland Valley. Candygrams will be sold the last hour of practice on Thursday night as well as Saturday. Here’s hoping for clear blue skies and no rain!!
Remember, Giant and Karns gift cards are sold all year long. You may purchase at Orrstown Bank (Market Street and Orrs Bridge Road) or by contacting Maura Caddell (574-2985 or email@example.com). She will even deliver!!
Our next general band booster meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 12 at 7 pm in the band room. We hope to see you there.
Good morning everyone,
What a great first performance of “Red” on Saturday night! The students did an amazing job.
As we move through the marching band season, you can find information about the shows we are participating in at http://www.cavalcadeofbands.com Simply click on the “View All Shows” button and it will give you a list of shows. Find the one we are participating in and you can see when Camp Hill is scheduled to perform. Admission prices will vary and are set by the host band booster organization. Mr. Palmquist will send out an itinerary each week with important information regarding that week’s performance. A reminder that all students need to wear long, black socks under their uniform.
“Driven To Give” fundraiser: Friday, October 7th from 10 am to 4 pm in front of the Middle School on Chestnut Street. PLEASE ask your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers to participate. It only takes 15 minutes of their time! Fundraising does not get any easier than this. The link to sign up is http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d4aaaaa23a2ff2-driven however no appointment is necessary.
We want to let you know about a change in one of our band traditions. “Band Fudge” has been a staple of our annual fundraising for many years, and it requires a tremendous amount of work on the part of several parent volunteers. This year, we have been unable to find volunteers willing and able to coordinate this effort. This does not mean that we cannot return to making Band Fudge in future years — just that we are not able to do it for 2016. We realize that there may be some people in the Band family and in the community who are disappointed, and we understand and share in the love of this tradition. If you would like to coordinate and organize fudge-making next year, please contact Betsy Gayner, and she will share with you the “Fudge Manual,” which details all aspects of coordinating and carrying out this project.
In place of Band Fudge, we are excited to introduce you to… “Band Fruit!” This fall’s fundraiser will be a sale of citrus fruit, which will be delivered in time for the holidays and holiday gift-giving. Students will be able to earn credits toward their spring Band Trips (for both middle school and high school band members). We are excited to offer this fundraiser, as many bands across the country do this every year, sometimes twice a year, with great success. Please see the attached document for details, and watch for the packets students will receive in band this week.
Please remember another way to earn credits for the band trip is to purchase Giant and Karns Gift cards. Also ask your friends, neighbors, family and co-workers to purchase them too and your student will earn the credit(s). We sell them all year long. Simply stop by Orrstown Bank or contact Maura Caddell (firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-2985).
Another simple way to support the band is through Amazon shopping. Sign in to http://www.smile.amazon.com and select Camp Hill Band Boosters. We will receive a small percentage from sales.
The next General Band Booster meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 5th at 7 pm in the band room. An agenda will be sent out prior to the meeting.
Thanks everyone and we hope to see you at the football game and at the Conrad Weiser tournament on Saturday.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
July 15, 2016
Good afternoon everyone,
Band camp is a little over two weeks away! I have attached two documents. Please take the time to read them as they contain a lot of information specifically for band camp as well as a list of the most commonly asked questions.
Please mark your calendars for Wednesday, August 3rd, 7 pm -10 pm. While the students are at practice we will host a parent get together at the Fiala Builiding from 7 pm to 10 pm. This will be an opportunity for you to meet other band parents, enjoy some light refreshments, look at spiritwear, sign up to chaperone, learn about our Giant/Karns gift card program and meet the band staff. We hope to see you there!
One need we have during band camp is popsicle donations. During the 8 evening rehearsals the students are treated to a popsicle break. They really look forward to these! Including staff we need 70 popsicles. If you are willing to provide popsicles for a night, please email Lisa Haas (email@example.com) or Lynne Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) Thank you in advance!
Sadly, our volunteer needs list is unchanged….the Band Boosters is a busy organization. Everything we do is done for our students and the music program. It takes many volunteers to make it happen. Without volunteers, it can’t happen. Please look at the following list, ask any questions and please let us know how you can assist us. Thank you.
· Treasurer – We still need a treasurer! This position is responsible for paying bills (mostly an online payment system with a few checks being written each year), compiles financial reports for the executive meetings/general meetings and submits tax information. Our outgoing treasurer would be more than happy to transition you to the position, answer any questions and be a resource as you take over.
· Pizza Sale coordinator: We are in need of someone to oversee the first fundraiser of the year, our pizza sale. Forms will be distributed at band camp. The coordinator will collect order forms and money, place order with company and oversee the distribution of orders in September.
· Uniform parent: This individual will assist with fitting students in uniforms in mid August, help distribute and collect uniforms prior to and after games, tournaments and parades, and help to oversee the uniforms care and maintenance.
· Fudge Sale Coordinator: Leemarie Fisher has agreed to help chair this sale but she needs someone to assist her. This is a long standing tradition in Camp Hill. Camp Hill Band Fudge. It occurs one weekend in November. On Friday we set up the Home Ec suite, Saturday we cook fudge, and on Sunday we distribute the fudge. There is prep work that needs to start in late September.
Please visit our website for lots of other information and pictures http://www.camphillbands.org
We look forward to seeing lots of familiar faces as well as meeting new ones! Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, suggestions or concerns.
Good evening everyone,
Just a couple of reminders….
We have put a slate of officers together for next year’s executive board. If you would like to be considered for one of the positions, please email me by Tuesday, February 9th to have your name placed on the ballot. The election of officers will take place at the General band booster meeting on Wednesday, March 16th 7pm.
Co-Presidents : MJ Casavant
Co- Presidents: Lisa Haas
Treasurer: Mike Gurgiolo
Assistant Treasurer: Deb Wasilieski
Secretary: Laura Wilkins
Colorguard rep: Crystal Fox
6th/7th/8th grade rep: Abby Spotts
LB Smith Ford: Please mark your calendars for Friday, March 25! We are fortunate enough to be able to partner with LB Smith Ford to offer their “Drive 4UR School” event!! It is exactly like their Lincoln event, only we get to test drive Ford cars.
Jazz Fest: will be held on Saturday, April 9th. We realize that not every student participates in Jazz band but we still need your help! The money earned from this festival goes towards enhancing the entire music program. We need help with the following items:
· Ad Program: This is where we make our profit and where we need everyone to help. I have attached the two letters that you can use to solicit businesses or send to your neighbors, family or friends. The difference is that the Business/Individual sponsorships provide an ad to be placed in the program. The Community sponsorships list their name only. If every family could secure one ad or sponsorship, it would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please email me.
· Volunteer Co-Chair: We still need 1 person to learn the overview of scheduling of volunteers for the event. Sally Gambill is chairing it this year but will be graduating, so we need someone to learn it from her for next year.
· Volunteer for event: When Sally emails or calls with a request to help that day, please sign up for a shift! Thank you!
Last reminder, we sell Giant and Karns gift cards all year! Please stop by Orrstown Band or contact Deb Wasileski.
January 6, 2016
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a nice and relaxing holiday season. Seemed a bit quick to me, but here we go…..
Just a quick update…..
Jazz Fest: On Saturday, April 9th we will hold our 38th annual Jazz Festival at the PAC. This festival includes MS and HS Jazz bands from the surrounding school districts. They come to play, have a clinic with a clinician and be adjudicated. It is a great festival of music! This year the format is going to change. Instead of a two night festival we are going to a one day format. The Middle schools will play in the afternoon and the High Schools will play in the evening.
For those new to the band boosters, this is our biggest fundraiser of the year. We consider this our “Tournament of Bands” competition. For this reason, we need all parents to assist us in making this event successful. Even if your child does not participate in Jazz band, we still need your support and assistance!
I would like to invite you to attend a Jazz Fest planning meeting on Thursday, January 14th, 7 pm in the band room. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Chicago Trip: Second payment is due this week. Your student will receive during band class the week of January 18th, a letter with an overview of what payments have been received, what credits they have earned and what balance is due as final payment, if any. Final payments are due February 5th. If you have questions regarding your student’s credits, please contact Deb Wasileski (email@example.com).
Driven to Give: Many thanks to everyone that drove a car or two, volunteered, provided a baked good, or got family and friends to drive a car for us. We earned $4740.00! We really appreciate your support! Thank you.
Gift Cards: Please remember we sell these all year. You can start earning credits for next year’s band trip. If you are “graduating”, please still buy them and support the band! You can purchase them at Orrstown Bank or by contacting Deb Wasileski (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Stay warm and have a great day,
Good afternoon everyone,
Wow! Only 1 more week to go and the marching band season is over….
An important change and reminder for this week:
· Tuesday, November 10th – this is the night that while the students are at practice, parents meet in the HS band room to further decorate the band hallway as well as go out in groups to decorate the senior homes. We need lots of help this evening! So, please plan to come by and join in this longstanding Camp Hill band tradition!!! If you would like to make a new poster or two, that would be great. Otherwise, we will have all the decorating supplies.
· The pre championship party location has changed…it is now going to be held at Rhys Pinder’s house. The address is 803 Conodoguinet Rd. It is being held this Wednesday night from 6 pm to 9 pm. They are going to fire up the grill and provide hamburgers. It would be greatly appreciated if students could provide chips and desserts. This is for the HS students ( including Gus and Kaleb) and staff to come together before their final championship competition. If your student is unable to make it, please let me know so that the Pinder’s have an idea of how many to plan for. Thank you.
Please find attached the meeting minutes from our General meeting held on Wednesday, October 28th. I am happy to report we voted to include the 6th grade band students and their parents/guardians into the Camp Hill Band Booster organization.
· Uniforms can ONLY be professionally drycleaned. Uniforms can NOT be hand cleaned, washed or dried. Dry clean ONLY.
· Students should ONLY wear athletic shorts, leggings, or long underwear under their uniforms. They can NOT wear jeans, khakis or outer garments under their uniforms as they put too much strain and stress on the uniform seams, buttons and zippers.
Thank you and enjoy the rest of this beautiful Sunday,
Good evening everyone,
Just a quick blast…
First of all, many thanks to the students for their patience and cooperation during the fitting of the new uniforms! It was a crazy 48 hours but they were amazing! They gave up study hall, lunch, and after school time to make it happen. As I have said before, band kids are awesome!! Speaking of the new uniforms, we will be sending out some important information in the next day or two regarding proper cleaning of the uniforms. Please take the time to read this, as it will help to protect these uniforms for the years to come.
Two important items for this week:
Wednesday, November 4th
· All fudge orders and payments are due to Mr. Palmquist by 3 pm.
· Calling all parents…please come help decorate the band hallway at 6:30 pm. Feel free to make some new posters and bring them to decorate.
This Saturday is our tournament in New Oxford. Tickets are being sold at the door only. Candygram sales will take place during the last hour of Thursday’s and Saturday’s practice.
Remember, our Giant and Karns gift card program is a 12 month fundraising program! Please contact Deb Wasileski or drive thru Orrstown Bank to buy yours today.
Thanks again and please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Good evening everyone,
Just a reminder that there is a General Band Booster meeting this Wednesday, October 28th, 7pm in the band room. I have attached the agenda. We will be voting to change our by-laws to include the 6th grade band students and their parents/guardians into the Band Booster organization. The meeting will last an hour or less. We really hope to see you there!
We have several important upcoming dates:
· Wednesday, November 4th, all fudge orders with payments are due to Mr. Palmquist by 3:00 pm!!
· Wednesday, November 4th, 6:30 pm, band hallway – please come help us decorate the hallway with posters in preparation for their Chapters tournament on Saturday, the 7th. We have a host of posters that we have used from year to year. PLEASE feel free to make a new one or two and bring them with you to hang.
· Tuesday, November 10th, 6 pm, band hallway – this is the night we further embellish the hallway decorations and go out in groups to decorate the Senior’s homes. Again, if you want to make a new poster or two please feel free to do so. We will have plenty of streamers and balloons for the homes. The more people that can come out to help the better chance we can get it done while the kids are at practice!
· Wednesday, November 11th, 6 -9 pm – Pre-championship party – Julie Snyder has graciously agreed to host this party this year. The boosters will provide subs. In a future email, parents will be asked for donations of chips, desserts and drinks. This is for the HS students and band staff only. It is an evening for the kids to hang out, watch old championship DVD’s and get excited for their Cavalcade Championship on Sunday.
· Friday November 20th – Fudge Making Weekend!!! We need lots of parents to help with making the fudge in order for this to be successful. Please indicate your willingness to help on your fudge form. Remember you do need to have clearances. A volunteer schedule will be emailed out on Monday, November 16th.
As the holiday season approaches, please remember to buy Giant and Karns giftcards for all your holiday gift card purchases! You can use Giant/Karns gift cards to buy Amazon, Starbucks, Visa or whatever you need.
Still no word on the band uniforms….. 😦
Thanks everyone! Have a good evening.
Good evening everyone,
Just a quick update on things….
Make up pictures for all colorguard members and those students who missed picture day in August is going to be this Friday, October 23rd, 4:30 pm in the band room. I will open the uniform room at 4:00 pm for those students having pictures taken. Everyone else should show up at report time. Students were given picture ordering information at the end of practice tonight.
We have a tournament this weekend at Carlisle High School so candygram sales will occur the last hour of practice on Thursday evening and on Saturday. We are not selling tickets to this tournament. Ticket prices at the door are $11.00/adult and $8.00/student and senior. Come out and cheer on the Camp Hill Marching Band!
The next General Booster meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 28th at 7 pm in the band room. I will send out an agenda later this week. We hope to see you there. The meeting will last less than an hour.
Still no confirmation on when uniforms will arrive. I will email as soon as I know anything.
Good morning everyone,
Just a quick booster blast…didn’t want your inbox to fill unloved….
Many thanks to everyone that came out last Friday and drove a brand new Lincoln car during our “Driven To Give” fundraiser!! We had a fantastic turnout and I appreciate you making the effort to stop by and drive. I am not sure of our final tally for the day but will share it once I know. Many thanks to those that donated baked goods as well.
No tournament this weekend so no candygram or ticket sales. The kids have a long practice at Siebert Park on Saturday so the Boosters will be providing hot chocolate and donuts prior to rehearsal starting at 9 am. Speaking of rehearsal, a lot of the summer staff will be back for this Saturday’s rehearsal. At 3:45, the kids will perform the show and we would like as many parents, friends, family or neighbors to be in the stands to watch!! The kids will have worked hard all day and it would be great to give them a big audience to perform in front of. So, bundle up and come on out!!
We still have no information regarding the arrival of the new uniforms. Once we have confirmation, I promise to get that information out immediately. I realize the kids are getting anxious as many ask me each time I see them. I am feeling as frustrated as them, but unfortunately it is out of our control. Hopefully, we will have good news soon.
The fudge sale information went home this week. All orders and payment are due Wednesday, November 4th to Mr. Palmquist. No late orders can be accepted due to ordering of supplies. We also need a lot of parent help cooking the fudge but please remember you must have clearances in order to help. Thank you in advance.
Remember, another easy way to support the band is by buying Giant and Karns gift cards. Please stop by Orrstown Bank or contact Deb Wasileski.
Good morning everyone,
The second spiritwear order is in and I will distribute those items at the conclusion of practice tonight.
Due to the addition of the bonfire this week, we have had to make changes to our band booster meetings for this month.
The new dates are as follows:
· Wednesday, October 14th 7 pm is now the Executive Meeting
· Wednesday, October 28th 7 pm is the General Meeting
I will send the general meeting agenda out several days in advance. We would love to see you there! The meeting will be one hour or less. I promise.
This is now a desperate plea….our big fall fundraiser, “Driven to Give” is this Friday, October 9th from 10 to 5 in front of the middle school. We have the opportunity to earn $8000.00 for the band program! There is nothing to buy or sell. Simply show up and drive two cars. Two members of the same household can drive as long as one person uses a work address. I could also use a few more student volunteers for this event. If your student did not sign up and has some availability, please have them contact me. I can sign off on service hours for them.
Now for my soapbox…The band program and our kids do a lot for our community….from sports team support (in the pouring rain), to marching in the streets to games, parades, tree lighting service, Memorial Day cemetery service, and Jazz band concerts. Whenever the band is called upon, our kids show up! Now is the time for our community to give back to the band! Please ask your neighbors, friends and family to give 15 minutes of their time on Friday and show their support! Soapbox over.
Fudge Sale: I am still looking for a parent or two to join Leemarie Fisher and me in chairing this event. Fudge information will be sent home with your student the week of October 12th. Please contact me if you are willing to step up and learn the fudge sale event.
Uniform Parent(s) – I am still looking for 2 people to serve as uniform parents. It truly is one of the best volunteer jobs within the booster organization! Please contact me to learn more.
Just a reminder, there is no competition this weekend so no ticket or candygram sales.
Enjoy your weekend and I hope to see ALL of you on Friday!!!
Good morning everyone,
What a great weekend! The kids had a fantastic first show. Hopefully they were able to get some much needed rest yesterday.
Important information for this week:
· Mechanicsburg TOB – Saturday, October 3rd. This is our annual tailgate event with the MS kids and their chaperones. We will be tailgating at one of the pavilions from 6 pm to 7:30 pm. Please bring a side dish or a dessert to share. We will then move into the stadium to watch the show. Camp Hill is scheduled to perform at 8:30. I will have tickets for sale the last hour of Thursday’s and Saturday’s practice. Adults are $10.00 and Students/Seniors are$5.00. Ticket prices are the same at the door. For this tournament, if you purchase tickets from me, the band boosters earn the money. We hope to see you at the tailgate!
· Driven To Give Fundraiser – Friday, October 9th. You should have received the Sign Up Genius information earlier today. PLEASE pass this link to everyone you know…family, friends, neighbors and co-workers. We have the ability to earn $8000 for the band simply by having people test drive a car or two. There is nothing to sell. It doesn’t cost us a single penny. Fundraising doesn’t get any easier than this. We need EVERY band family to participate. If you absolutely can’t, PLEASE find a neighbor, family member or friend that can. Just forward the link to them. Thank you!!! Please contact me with questions. We will be having a bake sale during this event. If you would be willing to donate an item, that would be great. Please drop off your donations at the band room doors starting at 9 am.
· Clearances – PLEASE get your clearances! We need your help.
· Giant/Karns gift cards – We sell these all year long! Please purchase them at Orrstown Bank or by contacting Deb Wasileski (email@example.com)
· Uniforms – As soon as they have arrived, I will send out an email to let you know.
Thanks everyone for your support and we hope to see you at the tailgate this weekend!
Good morning everyone,
The kids had a great performance last night!! This is great momentum as they head towards their first tournament next Saturday.
· Big Spring Tournament – Saturday, September 26th – Mr. Palmquist will send out itinerary early in the week. Ticket prices are $8.00/adult and $6.00/students & seniors at the door. I have 30 tickets to sell. The cost of these tickets are $6.00. I will be on the sidelines at the end of practice on Tuesday, Thursday and next Saturday. Please see me if you would like to purchase one. Once they are gone, tickets can be purchased at the gate. The Boosters will not earn any money for selling these. It is just a courtesy to provide a discount.
· Candygram Sales – Please plan to stop by the last hour of practice on Thursday evening and Saturday and send a special message of candy to your favorite band kid(s). Candygrams cost $1.00 and the students love receiving them on the bus ride home from the tournament. Candygram sales will only occur the weeks we have tournaments.
· Uniforms – We expect to receive the new uniforms early this week. The plumes arrived on Friday and we are hopeful the rest will be here by Monday. Our goal is to have the kids in the new uniforms for Saturday’s tournament. Although all the students were measured for their uniforms, we still need to set up a fitting to assess their fit and make any adjustments. I realize these kids are extremely busy with many different commitments. My plan is to offer some after school hours and evening hours to get it done. All kids have to be fitted if they are to wear them. Please watch for an email from me, hopefully by Tuesday morning with more information. Speaking of uniforms, please make sure your student has LONG, BLACK socks for all performances when in uniform. NO short, ankle type socks! Thank you!!
· Driven To Give Fundraiser – Friday, October 9th – 10 am to 5 pm – Chestnut Street in front of MS/HS. This is our chance to earn $8000 for the band! This does not cost us anything. It only takes 15 minutes of your time. Take a 3 mile test drive in a Lincoln vehicle of your choice, the band earns $20. Take a second drive in the new Lincoln Navigator and the band earns another $20. Fill out a short survey and you are done. I promise you will not hear a sales pitch, receive any phone calls or emails. It is simply LB Smith’s and Lincoln’s way of giving back to our community. Only rules: you must be a licensed 18 year old driver and only one driver per household. We need EVERY band family to participate! We need EVERY band family to ask their neighbors, family and friends to participate. We will also have a bake sale during this event.
· Spiritwear Order – If you missed ordering last week and would still like to order a blanket or two for holiday giving, please let me know. Some blankets are still available for purchase. I will distribute the latest order as soon as it is received.
· Clearances – My apologies for sounding like a broken record, but parent volunteers are critical to the success of the band program. Without you, the show cannot go on! PLEASE, get your clearances if you have not already done so. If you have any questions, please call the administration office. If you don’t have your clearances, you cannot volunteer. This is the school district policy and not a band booster policy. Many thanks to all of you that have gotten clearances and stepped up to help fill in holes in the volunteer schedule. It is greatly appreciated.
· Giant/Karns Gift cards – Please remember to purchase your gift cards at Orrstown Bank or by contacting Deb Wasileski (firstname.lastname@example.org). For every $100 gift card, the band earns $5.00. Another easy way for the band to earn money!
Thanks everyone, it is going to be a busy but exciting week!!
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Good morning everyone,
Happy Labor Day weekend! I have attached the General Band Booster meeting minutes from last week. Please review them and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Our next General Band Booster meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 14th at 7 pm in the band room. Of note, this meeting we will vote to change our bylaws and include the 6th grade band parents into our organization.
· Saturday, October 3rd is our parent tailgate at the Mechanicsburg TOB. More information will be forth coming.
· Friday, October 9th is our big fall fundraiser!!! Please mark your calendars now. It won’t cost you one penny and will only take 15 minutes of your time. We are partnering with LB Smith Lincoln and offering their “Driven to Give” program. Come take a 3 mile test drive in one of their cars and the band earns $20. Take a second test drive in their Lincoln Navigator and the band earns another $20! There are no follow up phone calls, no other solicitation. It is LB Smith and Lincoln’s way of giving back to the community. All drivers must be 18 years old and only one test drive per household address. We need every band family to participate. We need every band family to ask their neighbors, friends and family to come participate. A sign up document will be emailed so you can reserve a time to test drive. We have the chance to earn up to $8000!! Fundraising does not get any easier than this.
· CLEARANCES!! We rely heavily on volunteers to accomplish all we need to for our students. In order for you to volunteer, you MUST have clearances. It is not the Band Boosters rule, but the school districts. Please fill them out TODAY by going to the school district website, on the right hand side of the front page is a tab for Volunteers. It is very simple and free. If you have any questions about your status, please call the school administrative office. We are counting on you!!
· Fudge Sale: This is a 30+ year tradition in Camp Hill and one that the community looks forward to every year. Leemarie Fisher has agreed to co-chair it with me this year. I would like another parent to help us. After chairing it for the last 3 years and with a senior student, I need to turn this over to the next group of capable parents. It is a lot of fun, so please contact Betsy for more information. Thank you Leemarie!!
· Uniform Parent(s): We are in need of 1 to 2 parents to become uniform parents. This involves fitting the students for their uniforms each year and handing them out and collecting them before each home football game, tournament and parade. In my opinion, this is one of the best volunteer jobs within the band! Unfortunately, it needs to be dedicated parents that can always do it versus a rotation of parents. Both Susan and I have senior students, so we need you! Please contact Betsy to discuss.
· Please remember to support the band and earn trip credits for your student by purchasing Giant and Karns gift cards all year long. You can purchase them at Orrstown Bank or by contacting Deb Wasileski (215-3646) or email@example.com
Thanks everyone, enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend,
August 8, 2015
Good afternoon everyone,
We hope your student had a great week #1 of band camp! Thanks to everyone that sent in food and drink donations last night for the pool party. A great way to end an exhausting week. The leftover snacks and cookies will be put out at band camp this week for the kids to enjoy. The leftover drinks will be used at our tailgate event on Saturday, October 3rd during the Mechanicsburg TOB.
It was also great to see and meet so many of you at the parent get together on Wednesday night. Thank you for stopping by!
· All Spiritwear orders are due on Friday, August 14th. These can be done online or by giving your order to Betsy Gayner. Special Note: We have added a zip up hoodie to the online store due to popular demand! The website is http://www.haas-printing.com. Click on client log and enter username camphillband and password is band1
· All pizza fundraiser orders, including payment, are due on Wednesday, August 19th. Orders can be dropped off in the band room or given to Deb Wasileski or Betsy Gayner
· Chaperones – the chaperone schedule is filling up nicely but we still have some opportunities for those of you that didn’t get a chance to sign up! Please contact Kelli Kauterman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (570)573-2493 to see where you can help
· Uniform Parent- We are in need of 1 or 2 parents, preferably in the freshman and or sophomore class, to become a uniform parent. Duties include helping to fit the students in uniforms each year, handing out uniforms prior to games, parades and tournaments, and accepting the uniforms upon their return from these events. It is a great way to be involved! Please talk to Betsy Gayner for more information.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions and we hope to see you on the sidelines next week. Enjoy your weekend!
August 4, 2015
Good morning everyone,
Band camp is off to a great start and it looks like a fabulous week of weather for the kids!
A few reminders for the week as well as a change:
· SHOE fitting day has been changed to this THURSDAY (August 6th) 12 noon, at Fiala field. If your student needs shoes please have them bring a check made out to Double Time. The cost is $33. If you don’t order on Thursday, the cost increases to $42.
· PARENT GET TOGETHER – Tomorrow night(Wednesday) from 7 pm – 10 pm in the Fiala building. It is a casual, stop in type of event. We will have lots of information and some light refreshments. You will have the opportunity to meet other band parents and staff, after practice ends. For those of you who signed up to chaperone, there will be a card at the front table with your assignments. We had an abundance of people for certain events and less than we need for others. For those that didn’t have an opportunity to sign up to chaperone, we still have room for you and need you! Stop by the table and see how you can help out! Kelli Kauterman has agreed to serve as the chaperone chair this year and will be at the table tomorrow night. Thank you Kelli!!
· CLEARANCES – If you haven’t already done so, PLEASE go to the school website and file your clearances. The Governor removed the fee, so they are now free! You can NOT chaperone without clearances. Once you receive them, you need to take a copy to the administrative offices on Chestnut Street.
· POOL PARTY – This Friday night from 8 pm to 10 pm at the Camp Hill Pool. This party is for the students and staff. We will keep an eye on the weather and announce any changes via email. The Band Boosters will provide pizza but we do ask that families donate the following items.
o Freshman – 6 pack of water
o Sophomore- 6 pack of soda
o Junior – salty snack
o Senior – sweet snack
It is great to see so many of you along the sidelines in the evening! It’s amazing to watch the progress of the students from Day 1 to end of band camp. If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns please do not hesitate to talk , email or call us!
We are looking forward to a great marching band season!!